Food Safety Compliance Made Easy…………
Food Safety Services
Acornstar provide a comprehensive one-stop solution for all your food safety compliance requirements.
Online, onsite and virtual training available from industry experts.
Auditing services provided nationwide by top professionals.
Acornstar provides a range of food safety consultancy and management services.
Food Safety and Legal Compliance are a pre-requisite for successful food business operators, and customers want reassurance that the food served or sold if safe to eat. Acornstar provides the following services:
Food Safety Audits
Food Safety Training
Food Labelling Information
BRC Audit Preparation
Calculation of Nutritional Values
All food operators are legally obliged to plan, implement and maintain a food safety management system based on the principles of HACCP – Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point. Originally developed by NASA in the 1960s to ensure safe food for space expeditions, it is a systematic approach to identifying and controlling hazards that could pose a threat to safe food. The HACCP process has been globally embraced, implemented and identified as the food safety management process “gold standard.”
A HACCP Manual is documented system used to establish the development and operation of your HACCP system. It covers all necessary documentations, forms and records required to ensure your business is compliant to legal requirements. The manual includes information on the organisation, responsibilities, scope, customers, process flow charts, floor plans, cleaning, pest control, maintenance, SOPs, policies, CCPs, HACCP verifications and more. The HACCP manual is used as a reference point for food handlers and managers to establish an effective food safety management system.
We have the technical expertise in HACCP to assist all food business in the food industry, and the catering sector including restaurants, hotels, cafes, bars, fast-food outlets, takeaways, mobile food trucks, kitchens, hospitals, schools and colleges.
Our Food Safety Consultants will carry out an initial assessment on the pre-requisite requirements and structural review, then design and implement a specific HACCP Plan for your food business, or the evaluation of an existing plan.
The HACCP Plan will include the plan, hazards analysis, CCPs, critical limits, changes in the system, policies, standard operating procedures, work instructions, and the HACCP recordkeeping systems, checklist and forms.
Food Safety Audits provide a credible independent evaluation on the effectiveness of the established food safety management system.
- Our team consists of trained, experienced food safety auditors, who will identify any non-compliance and advise on best practice.
- The food safety audits cover compliance to the HACCP system, but also on inspection of storage, food process areas, equipment/utensil, water/waste systems, waste management, pest control and structural components including walls, ceilings, floors, lighting, heating and ventilation.
- After the food safety audit, the auditor will recommend corrective actions to meet compliance requirements.
- Our Food Safety Auditors/Consultants can train your staff how to conduct a mock recall or outbreak investigation to be prepared to handle any emergency situations.
- We can also train your staff to carry out internal and external food safety audits.
- Food safety audits can form part of the preparation of external certification audits, such as ISO 22000, BRC preparation and EIQA can be tailored to your requirements.
Our Acornstar Food Safety Care Service is designed to help clients meet their food safety compliance obligations.
How it works. We provide a dedicated food safety consultant on a part-time basis to help manage your food safety management system and to ensure record keeping and training is up to date.
Depending on your requirements, our food safety consultant can work on an annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly basis or we can agree on the set number of days required. We will tailor this programme to suit your needs, services can include but is not limited to the following:
- Creation of the food safety management system, HACCP plan, manuals.
- Maintenance of the food safety management system, HACCP plan, manuals.
- Review of record keeping.
- Training new or existing staff as required.
- HACCP manual training and review.
- Provide advice for monitoring operational hygiene.
- Food safety audits and follow up audits as required.
- Corrective action and improvement planning.
- ISO and other food standards advice.
- Health and Safety risk assessments.
- Liaise with Environmental Health Officers and veterinary inspectors as required.
- Preparing information for the food labels, completion of customer specifications and questionnaires
- Creation, updating and revising SOP’s
Using our Acornstar Food Safety Solutions allows Clients to focus on what they do best, while we do what we do best. An agreed fee and the number of days required to suit your budget will be agreed, any additional days can be negotiated as required.
Our Acornstar we offer certified in-house training, and our new online “Approved by RoSPA” food safety training courses. Our training services can be used in conjunction with other food safety consulting services or as a stand-alone product. Our training includes the following.
- Food Safety Level 1
- Food Safety Level 2
- Food Safety Level 3
- Allergen Awareness
- HACCP Training
- Refresher Training
- Bespoke Induction Training
- Food Safety and HACCP Level 1
- Food Safety and HACCP Level 2
- Allergen Awareness